Pages

7/10/2020 Try Me (Part 24) When Men Worship (Redefined TV)

Daniel 6:10-13 (NKJV) Now when Daniel knew that the writing was signed, he went home. And in his upper room, with his windows open toward Jerusalem, he knelt down on his knees three times that day, and prayed and gave thanks before his God, as was his custom since early days.
Then these men assembled and found Daniel praying and making supplication before his God. And they went before the king, and spoke concerning the king’s decree: “Have you not signed a decree that every man who petitions any god or man within thirty days, except you, O king, shall be cast into the den of lions?”
The king answered and said, “The thing is true, according to the law of the Medes and Persians, which does not alter.”
So they answered and said before the king, “That Daniel, who is one of the captives from Judah, does not show due regard for you, O king, or for the decree that you have signed, but makes his petition three times a day.”

* Judah - means PRAISE; that Daniel whose praise can't be stopped

* One of the most masculine things a man could do is WORSHIP
  One of the most masculine things a man could do is PRAY
  Because their prayer life reveals HUMILITY, and prayerlessness reveals ARROGANCE

If you want to know if a man is humble, if he has a prayer life. If he has a prayer life, this man is saying, "God I can't do this without You. I'm lost without You. I need Your guidance, I need Your instruction, I need You to be my compass God."

A  Kingdom man recognizes I need the Lord to intervene because without You I'm gonna mess up.

* A foolish woman, she's impressed by what a man drives. But a wise woman is impressed by what drives him 

A MAN WHO KNOWS HOW TO WORSHIP:
-He knows how to cover his family 
  breaks the attempted yoke, because there are some things the enemy wants to attempt to put in your household, to put in your children, to attempt to put on your mind, to put on your esteem. But when you have a kingdom man there, the very strategies of the enemy, they don't even succeed because he breaks the attempted yoke.

WORSHIP is the DNA of the kingdom man. Worship confirms that this man's heart has been grasped by the King of glory. It is the evidence that I need the Lord.

Men are supposed to express the heart of God. Point of reference to God. Before your daughter / son knows the heavenly Father, she / he will be first introduced to her / his natural Father, either by presence / absence. Men are supposed to express the heart of God and we give identity. 

God has wired for men to be identity givers.
Genesis 2:19 Out of the ground the Lord God formed every beast of the field and every bird of the air, and brought them to Adam to see what he would call them. And whatever Adam called each living creature, that was its name. 

We see Adam handing out identity. Could you just imagine how detrimental it is for the house infrastructure if our identity giver is in identity crisis. Even deeper, what if the identity giver is not even there. Anytime the father is absent of in identity crisis, we will always position our family to engage in identity theft so we reach out and put other names on us. Why do you think that young man feels so special when he wears Jordan / Yeezys? 

The war has always been and will always be over the man, and it was always the agenda, the syllabus of heaven for that man to be the identity giver. Because the man got to have a life of worship because worship is married to assignment and assignment is married to identity. If I don't know my identity, I won't be able to know my assignments and the reason I don't know my assignment is because I don't worship.

You gonna spend a lot of time with the King of glory, you were constantly in His face, basking in His presence, submerging yourself in His presence, you're gonna spend uninterrupted time with the Creator, and He's not gonna reveal to you why you've been created? Worship is married to assignment, and assignment is married to identity.

Joshua 5:13-14 And it came to pass, when Joshua was by Jericho, that he lifted his eyes and looked, and behold, a Man stood opposite him with His sword drawn in His hand. And Joshua went to Him and said to Him, “Are You for us or for our adversaries?” So He said, “No, but as Commander of the army of the Lord I have now come.” And Joshua fell on his face to the earth and worshiped, and said to Him, “What does my Lord say to His servant?”

He runs into God, an encounter, he begins to worship then after he worships, he's given his assignment and now I'm given my assignment, I know my identity. Worship expressed Worth-ship. Joshua to conquer Jericho; Joshua the conqueror.

Genesis 12:7 Then the Lord appeared to Abram and said, “To your descendants I will give this land.” And there he built an altar to the Lord, who had appeared to him. 

Altar - for worship

For the believer - worship is like our inward well and so what the enemy wants to do, he wants to dam our well, he wants to have some blockage, some boulder, some type of hindrance so that we don't have a worship life, and we don't have that internal reservoir because we're gonna need it when we hit dry places, because worship is that fountain. Dam that fountain with anxiety, distractions, counterfeits, rage, with all these type of things then they won't be able to glean in from the inside. It doesn't matter how saved you are or how great your calling is whether you love the Lord or not, all of us will eventually hit a dry season.
But this is the power of a man who knows how to worship, because men are wired to be leaders and when we hit hard season, I may not know where to go but you best believe I know what to do, I have this reservoir inside or me and the enemy knows the person who can tap in get breakouts. Just because it is bad all around me, it does not affect my worship. 

Worship - the psalmist says magnify the Lord with me. When you magnify- to make big. When you are surrounded by problems, that's when you command your soul to magnify the Lord. Worship is gonna affect the problem size. Why? Because worship invokes God. HE INHABITS THE PRAISES OF HIS PEOPLE. When Paul and Silas were in jail, and they began to worship and praise at midnight, there was a great earthquake. It's because the prison cell was too small for God to fit. Your worship and your praise has a locksmith personality. Everybody in the whole prison, their chains were broken, not because they were worshiping, but worship creates an atmosphere of freedom. This is why it's powerful for a man to be a worshipper.

* Crisis reveals who Christ is. 2020 not only  exposing hearts, is also exposing spiritual depth. 

W  ORTHY
O  BEDIENCE
R  EGULATES
S  URRENDER
H  UMILITY
I   NTIMACY
P  RESENCE


WHY WE WORSHIP?

♡ He is worthy - I won't know my worth if I don't know He's worthy. Me knowing He is worthy, helps me discover my worthy. When I discover I'm a man of the King, when somebody doesn't want me, I don't feel as though I need now to reduce my rate, I don't feel as though now I need to be on the clearance rack, because they didn't like me. They probably couldn't afford me, because when you know He is worthy He reveals to you your worth. A lot of us are crying over people who wanted you at a cheap rate, but God is saying, listen you're worth more than that.

♡ Obedience - the first time you see the word worship in the Bible is in the context of when Abraham is taking his son to sacrifice. 
Genesis 22:5 And Abraham said to his young men, “Stay here with the donkey; the lad and I will go yonder and worship, and we will 
(Heb. 11:19)come back to you.” 

Abraham is exemplifying obedience and following God's instructions. "I worship out of obedience."  Obedience opens doors that you never have to knock on.

♡ Worship regulates - if you're having a bad day or bad mood, why don't you try to worship? Worship is thanking God for who He is

♡ Worship is surrender - (Arms raised) I'm not trying to resist arrest. God arrest my heart, arrest my emotions, arrest my will, arrest my cravings, arrest my desire. I'm not fighting, I surrender.

♡ Worship is humility - it is saying, "God, without you, I'm gonna wreck my life, so be my compass." 

♡ Worship is intimacy - IN TO ME SEE. There's all these stuff in me God, there's all these stuff I don't like about me, there's all these stuff I want to give to you, all these stuff that you have for me God, I want to trust you, I want to love you, I want to embrace Your will, so I have to be intimate. If you keep on getting intimate, you'll end up pregnant - He's gonna put something on the inside of you and then now that it's on the inside of you, it begins to grow, and then once it begins to grow, everybody can see your baby bump - baby bump of purpose, passion and that pregnancy gets you to walk different eventually because now I'm catering on the what's inside of me, and eventually life comes with contractions and this is when you have to push because God wants you to give birth to something and you labor in prayer.

♡ Presence - I want the presence of God. God lead me and guide me. Unless we're like a child, we can't inherit the Kingdom of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment